Building Permits for Camps, Barns and Shops

Building Permits for Camps, Barns and Shops

CAMPS, BARNS, and SHOPS (non-commercial)

Please note that within the City of DeRidder and the Town of Merryville corporate limits, ALL building projects must go through the city permit office. Call (337-462-8910 DeRidder) and (337-825-8740 Merryville) for more information.

In Beauregard Parish if you want to build a camp, a barn, or a shop (non-commercial) and the structure is not attached to a residence nor will it be used as a permanent residence then you may:

Print the AFFIDAVIT of EXEMPTION. (click here for PDF file).

Fill out the AFFIDAVIT and have it notarized. You will also need the LEGAL LAND DESCRIPTION
which you can obtain free of charge from the:
Tax Assessor’s Office
214 W 2nd St.
DeRidder, LA 70634

Take it to the Beauregard Clerk of Court and have it FILED with the property you are going to build on.
There may be a charge for this filing.

Beauregard Parish Clerk of Court
214 West First Street
DeRidder, LA 70634
Phone: (337) 463-8595 Fax: (337) 462-3916.

Get a Certified Copy of the filing and deliver it to the Beauregard Police Jury Permit office.

For electrical power you will need an application number or the 911 address number from the 911 office.
You can obtain this free of charge from the:

911 office non-emergency
412 Bolivar Bishop Dr
(formerly Mayeaux Dr)
DeRidder, LA 70634

You will also need a sewer permit, a sewer application, or an exemption permit.
You can obtain this free of charge from the:

Louisiana State Sanitation Board
216 Evangeline St.
DeRidder, LA 70634
463-4486 Ext 239 & 240


You can now obtain a flood permit and may proceed with your project without building permit fee or need for any code compliance inspections.

You are still expected to build your structure to meet all building code requirements required by your building type.