Beauregard Parish

Beauregard Parish

What do I need for a building permit in Beauregard Parish,  City of DeRidder, or the Town of Merryville?

Building Inspection Group 337-460-7575

At the bottom of this page you will find Utility contact information.

1.First you need the legal description of your property or the site.

You can obtain this from the:

Tax Assessor’s Office
214 W 2nd St.
DeRidder, LA 70634

Hours of Operation
8 AM to 4:30 Monday -Thursday
8 AM to 4 PM Friday

2.You will need an application number or permit from the 911 office.

You can obtain this free of charge from the:

911 office non-emergency
412 Bolivar Bishop Dr
(formerly Mayeaux Dr)
DeRidder, LA 70634

Hours of Operation
8 AM to 12 Noon
1 to 4 PM
Monday - Friday

3. You will also need a sewer permit from the:

Beauregard Parish Health Unit - Sanitation Department
216 Evangeline St.
DeRidder, LA 70634
463-4486 Ext 235, 239, & 240

Hours of Operation
8 AM to 4 PM
Monday - Friday

4.Next you will need a Flood permit.

You can obtain this free of charge from the:

Beauregard Police Jury
201 W 2nd St.
DeRidder, LA 70634

Ask for the Building Permit office.

Fax 337-462-1990
Kay Franklin Permit Technician

8 AM - 4:15 Monday -Friday

City of DeRidder

200 S. Jefferson St.
DeRidder, LA 70634
Fax 337-462-8908
Marvin Simmons
Code Enforcement

Town of Merryville

530 Hennigan St.
Merryville, LA 70653

5. You are ready for your Building Permit.

There is a charge for this permit.

You can obtain this from the Beauregard Police Jury, City of DeRidder, or the Town of Merryville permit office.
This is the same place where you get your flood permit.

You will need one set of plans or blueprints that you will leave with the permit office.  This set will not be returned to you.

6. The Permit Technician will help you determine the cost of your building permit.

If you are not paying with a business check you will need to pay with a cashier's check or money order. These can be obtained locally.

7. After you have paid for your building permit the Building Inspection Group will pick up  your plans and perform a Plan Review, (usually 2 or 3 days).

This review will be submitted back to the permit office and you will be contacted.  After signing the plan review you will receive your Building Permit.

If you are the General Contractor or a Home Owner acting as his or her own General Contractor, it is your responsibility to contact the Building Inspection Group 337-460-7575 for all your inspections.

You will need inspections at the following points:

A. Pre-pour under-slab plumbing (LA State Licensed Master Plumber required)

B. Pre-pour site/foundation, which includes: (footings, metal rebar, reinforcement wire, plastic covering, termite treatment, penetrations, conduit if applicable.)

C. Brick applications (brick ties).

D. Open walls, which may include (structural, rough-in electrical, top-out plumbing, duct & drain A/C (rough-in). These should be done prior to any insulation or wall coverings.

E. Meter loop. When you are ready for permanent power. Let us know who your Utility company is and your final address.

F. Insulation and energy efficiency are ongoing, done through out the course of the project.

G. Finals. You're almost done! All categories. Everything should be able to run, power up, lights work, drainage and water working. Don't forget your house (address) numbers on the structure.

After successful completion of your final inspections we will submit all inspection information to the jurisdiction and the jurisdiction will issue your Certificate of Occupancy.

Give us as much advance notice as you are able for each inspection so that your project won't be delayed.  We are here to serve you.

What if I want to build a camp, a barn, or a shop?

Electric Utilities

Beauregard Electric (BECI)



Valley Electric

Gas Utility

Centerpoint Energy

Just need your natural gas turned on? Contact a Louisiana State Licensed Master Plumber. (A list of city licensed master plumbers is available from the City of DeRidder.) The plumber will do a pressure test if needed and has the test forms that will be submitted to the gas utility.


(Call before you dig.) LA One Call 800-272-3020 or 611 from Louisiana.

Commercial is a completely different ballgame. Contact your jurisdiction's permit office or the Building Inspection Group or the Louisiana State Fire Marshall to get started.

The Louisiana State Fire Marshal's Office

Fire Marshal H. "Butch" Browning, Jr.
8181 Independence Blvd.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70806

Other Questions?
Call the Building Inspection Group